5 Ways to Increase Web Traffic
- Duh, I know right? Online advertising programs like Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Campaigns can be the only proven “quick-fix” out there. Proven that is, if you’ve done your homework properly and are targeting your advertising dollars to the right market. Broad targeting can be a waste of money and is the default setting for many of these programs. Facebook ads & Google AdWords can get expensive really quickly but they also offer instant feedback via analytics and of course, the ability to turn your ad campaigns on or off as needed. Don’t forget to spend some time scouring the web too. There’s lots of free advertising sites out there that can help get you noticed a lot more than you might think!
- Leveraging social correctly can easily add a boost to lagging traffic. If you’re in need of some citations (links from deemed “authority”sites) to help boost your search rankings, a great fix is to add a few social media platforms into your tool kit. Some of the most notable ones to add will be Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and especially for search rankings, Google+. But depending on your industry and your target customers perhaps Instagram and Pinterest may prove more rewarding?
Like FREE Marketing Tips? Get our Newsletter!
- Don’t sweat the close up Mr DeMille! Video delivers great search rankings – plain and simple. Not only for the fact that YouTube is Google owned (ever so slight bias…) but it’s also the #2 search engine globally (yes, even ahead of FB Graph Search). For many, a short 30-60 seconds “Hi, I’m Joe and my company does this” is all you really need to begin. These little welcome videos can be placed into your website or uploaded to Facebook, Twitter and everywhere else. What can they really do for me you ask? Well, they put a face to the business and people want to do business with people – not numbered corporations.
Publish content to Linked-In
- It’s okay if you missed out on Linked In’s first round of intakes for their publishers platform because “soon” (that is, sometime in 2015 per LI) they will be opening this awesome blogging tool to the masses. The real beauty of this platform lies in the fact that your blog posts gain the chance of being picked up & amplified by Pulse, Linked In’s new media / news channel which in turn can bring huge exposure. If you’re running a blog for your business and you only do one thing with it this year, make sure to include this tool.
Keep it Fresh baby!
- The backlinks theory (other sites linking back to your website) is nothing new. But did you know websites that stop earning new links often lose ground in Google search results? Websites that rarely add new content or let their pages go stale can also get kicked to the curb! Freshening your content doesn’t guarantee a rankings boost but it definitely helps. So if it’s been a while, this last point needs to climb a few spots on that ever growing to-do list. If you need some help, check out our Web Design Packages.
P.S. Okay, so I know we said 5 Ways to Increase Web Traffic but we couldn’t help ourselves… If you’ve never heard of Schema markup or rich snippets, they’re worth a look. We’ll be featuring these prominently in a future post… If you can’t wait till then – yes, we know who you are… – give us a holler and we’ll spill the 4-1-1 :)
Thanks for reading!