Frequently Asked Questions | MAC5
Web design & Web Development
1. Do you work on a MAC?
Actually no, we’re PC based :)
2. How much do you charge?
Depending on the project and obviously the time involved, our rates can be based hourly & start from as little as $150.
3. How long does it take to build a website?
Depends on the project but generally, the average website build takes 4-6 weeks to complete. A simple Blog or 3-page site can be done in a few days or as little as a week. E-Commerce and more complex designs will take longer depending on their scope.
4. What types of Payment do you take?
We accept PayPal, all major credit cards and both Personal & Business cheques as payment. For longer term jobs, we can also provide billing and bi-weekly payment option. For more details, please call.
5. Can I spread the cost out a little to make it more affordable for me?
Absolutely – depending on the project, we normally require 50% down with the balance due on completion.
6. I just need to change a few things on my website, can you help?
Sure, we offer Maintenance packages for exactly this reason. Basic Pkg. $150/mth for 2hrs – for most clients, this is ample.
7. My website was built by someone else and now they’re not around anymore, can you help fix it?
Yes we can, in fact we deal with this sort of thing all the time. When re-doing a website sometimes it can be any easy fix ie: just tweak what you have there but then sometimes, it’s just easier and less expensive for a complete do-over. First thing we’ll do is look at what’s there now and advise you (free of charge) as to the best course of action.
8. Can my old HTML website be made into a WordPress site that I can manage myself?
Yes, this is called Migration and it is something that we specialize in. We do this all the time for clients.
9. Do you offer Web Hosting?
We do it for you but directly, no we do not. We include all the setup & hosting technical stuff with our packages. We get everything set up correctly in your name as the owner of your website and we guarantee our work.
9. Can I make changes to the website myself?
Yes, on our WordPress plans, you can easily make simple changes for content etc. yourself – we’ll even show you how to do it.
10. How do I get my website found on Google?
We include professional SEO (Search Engine Optimization) with all of our designs.
11. Do you work with people outside your area?
We’re located in BC but operate as being Cloud based, meaning we work with anyone, anywhere all over the world.
12. Can you teach me how to do WordPress or CMS?
Yes, we get asked this frequently and offer Computer & WordPress Training packages.
13. Can you rate my website and tell me how to improve it?
Yes, of course. We offer full website audits to help diagnose problems or offer advice for increasing the value and return.
14. Can you find a way to restore my old website that has since disappeared?
Yes, we have the tools & means to locate archives of old websites and can start rebuilding something that literally, no longer exists. Pretty cool really!
15. Why should I pick you to build my website?
At MAC5, we love small business and are 100% committed to your business success, just ask our clients what they think. At any time, we would be happy to provide our past work and even some real clients you can talk to about us.